Article 1 (Scope of Application)
- The accommodation contract and related agreements concluded by this hotel with the guest shall be in accordance with the provisions of these general terms and conditions, and any matters not stipulated in these general terms and conditions shall be in accordance with the law and generally established customs.
- In the event that the hotel agrees to a special agreement that is not contrary to law or custom, such special agreement shall prevail notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph.
Article 2 (Application for Accommodation Contract)
A person who wishes to apply for a contract of accommodation at this hotel shall provide the following information to this hotel
- Guest name and contact telephone number
- Date of stay and estimated time of arrival
- Room charge (in principle, based on the basic room charge in Appendix 1)
- Any other information deemed necessary by the hotel.
- In the event that the guest requests to continue the stay beyond the date of stay as specified in the second item of the preceding paragraph during the stay, this hotel shall treat it as if a new application for accommodation contract has been made at the time such request is made.
Article 3 (Conclusion of Accommodation Contracts, etc.)
- When a contract of accommodation has been concluded pursuant to the preceding paragraph, the deposit shall be paid by the date specified by the hotel, up to the basic room charge for the period of stay (3 days if more than 3 days).
- The application fee shall be applied first to the final accommodation charge payable by the guest, and if the provisions of Articles 6 and 18 apply, to the penalty, then to the compensation, and any balance shall be refunded upon payment of the fee in accordance with Article 12.
- In the event that the reservation fee stipulated in paragraph 2 is not paid by the date designated by this hotel in accordance with the same paragraph, the accommodation contract shall cease to be effective.The hotel will not accept payment of the application fee unless this hotel has notified the guest of the date for payment of the application fee.
Article 4 (Special Agreement Not to Require Payment of Application Fee)
- Notwithstanding the provisions of paragraph 2 of the preceding article, this hotel may accept a special agreement not to require payment of the application fee as mentioned in paragraph 2 of the preceding article after the contract has been concluded.
- In the event that this hotel does not require payment of the application fee as stipulated in paragraph 2 of the preceding article or does not specify the date for payment of said application fee, it shall be deemed to have complied with the special agreement stipulated in the preceding paragraph.
Article 5 (Refusal to enter into an accommodation contract and use of facilities)
- In the following cases, this hotel may refuse to enter into a contract of accommodation and use of facilities.
- When the application for accommodation is not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- When there is no room or facility available due to full occupancy.
- When it is recognized that the person seeking accommodation is likely to act in a manner contrary to the provisions of law, public order, or good morals in connection with the accommodation.
When it is recognized that the person who intends to stay or the person who intends to use the facilities falls under the following a) to c).
- When the person who intends to stay is a member of a gangster group (hereinafter called “gangster group”), a quasi member of a gangster group (hereinafter called “gangsters”), a gangster group-related person or other antisocial force prescribed in item 2, Article 2 of the Law concerning Prevention of Unjust Acts by Gangsters (1991, Law No. 77), item 6 of the same Article.
- if you are a legal person or other organization whose business activities are supported by a crime syndicate or a member of a crime syndicate; or
- is a juridical person, any officer of which is a member of a crime syndicate.
- When the person who intends to stay or the person who intends to use the facilities makes verbal abuse that disturbs other users, such as making them feel dangerous or anxious, in addition to boisterous behavior.
- When it is clearly recognized that the person who intends to stay or the person who intends to use the facilities is a person with a contagious disease.
- When violence, threats, extortion, or other violent or intimidating demand or act is made against the accommodation facility or the staff of the accommodation facility, or when a burden exceeding a reasonable range is demanded.
- When the accommodation facility or the staff of the accommodation facility is found to have been damaged by an act of violence, threat, extortion, etc., or when an act of violence or intimidation is made against the accommodation facility or the staff of the accommodation facility, or when a burden exceeding a reasonable range is demanded.
- When the hotel is unable to accommodate the guest due to a natural disaster, failure of facilities, or other unavoidable reasons.
- When it is recognized that the person seeking accommodation is likely to cause inconvenience to other guests because he/she is intoxicated, or because his/her speech or behavior is extremely abnormal, or because he/she is wearing extremely filthy body or clothes. Or, when the guest has said or done something that is extremely disturbing to other guests. (Nagoya City Ryokan Law Enforcement Ordinance Article 5)
- When a guest has previously committed an act that falls under any of the items in this article at this hotel.
Article 6 (Guest’s Right to Cancel Contract)
- The guest may cancel the accommodation contract by notifying this hotel.
- In the event that the guest cancels all or part of the accommodation contract due to reasons attributable to the guest (except in the event that this hotel specifies the date for payment of the application fee and requests payment in accordance with Article3, paragraph 2, and the guest cancels the accommodation contract prior to such payment), this hotel shall apply the penalties listed in Appendix 2. In the event that this hotel specifies the date of payment of the deposit (except when the payment is requested by the hotel and the guest cancels the contract of stay prior to the payment), the hotel shall charge the penalty listed in Appendix 2. However, in the event that this hotel accepts the special agreement stipulated in Article Paragraph 1, it is only when this hotel, in accepting the special agreement, has notified the guest of the obligation to pay the penalty in the event that the guest cancels the accommodation contract.
- If the guest does not arrive at the hotel by 6:00 p.m. on the day of stay (or 2 hours after the scheduled time of arrival, if such time has been indicated in advance), this hotel may deem the accommodation contract to have been cancelled by the guest.
Article 7 (Hotel’s Right to Cancel Contract)
This hotel may cancel the accommodation contract in the following cases.
In no event shall this hotel be liable for any damage arising from the cancellation of the contract in accordance with this article.
- When it is recognized that the guest is likely to act in a manner contrary to the provisions of the law, public order, or good morals in connection with the accommodation, or when it is recognized that the guest has acted in such a manner.
When a guest is found to fall under any of the following items (a) through (c).
- Gangsters, members of gangsters, quasi-members of gangsters, persons related to gangsters, or other anti-social forces.
- A person or other organization whose business activities are supported by a crime syndicate or a member of a crime syndicate.
- A legal person whose officers are members of a crime syndicate.
- When the guest has made a verbal abuse that causes significant inconvenience to other users.
- When the guest is clearly recognized as a person with a contagious disease.
- When violent acts of aggression have been committed against the accommodation or the staff of the accommodation, or when a burden beyond reasonable limits has been demanded of the accommodation or the staff of the accommodation.
- When it is impossible to accommodate the guest due to natural disasters or other causes beyond the control of the hotel.
- When a case falls under the provisions of Article 5 of the Nagoya City Ordinance on Ensuring the Proper Operation of the Ryokan Business (Grounds for Refusal of Accommodation).
- When smoking outside of the smoking area, tampering with the fire fighting equipment, or other prohibited items (limited to what is necessary for fire prevention) as stipulated in the rules of use by this hotel are not followed.
- When a guest has committed violence, threats, blackmail, or other violent or intimidating acts. When a guest has not complied with the rules of use (limited to those necessary to prevent fire or other accidents) established by this hotel. When the guest makes a behavior that causes trouble to other guests staying or using the hotel, such as boisterous behavior, danger, anxiety, etc.
- When it is found during use of this hotel that one of the items in Article 5 or this article applies.
- When this hotel cancels the accommodation contract in accordance with the provisions of the preceding paragraph, the hotel will not charge the guest for accommodation services that have not yet been provided.
Article 8 (Accommodation Registration)
- The guest shall register the following items at the front desk of the hotel on the day of stay.
- Guest’s name, age, gender, address and occupation
- For foreign nationals, nationality, passport number, place and date of entry
- Date and time of departure
- Any other information deemed necessary by this hotel.
- If the guest intends to make payment of the fee in accordance with Article 12 by means of a travel ticket, hotel voucher, credit card, or any other method that can be substituted for currency, the guest must present these at the time of registration in advance as described in the preceding paragraph.
- For foreigners, a photocopy of the passport will be taken for identification.
- Only registered guests may use the guest rooms. Visitors are not allowed to enter the guest rooms.
Article 9 (Hours of Use of Guest Rooms)
- Guests may use the rooms from 3:00 p.m. to noon on the following day. However, in the case of a consecutive stay, the guest may use the room all day except for the day of arrival and the day of departure.
- Notwithstanding the provision of the preceding paragraph, this hotel may accept the use of a room outside the hours specified in the preceding paragraph.
In this case, the following additional charges will apply
- 30% of the room charge for up to 3 hours overtime
- 50% of the room charge for up to 6 hours overtime
- 100% of the room charge for over 6 hours
Article 11 (Hours of Operation)
- The hours of operation of the hotel’s main facilities are shown on the televisions installed in guest rooms.
- The hours in the preceding paragraph are subject to change temporarily in case of unavoidable circumstances. In such cases, we will notify you in an appropriate manner.
Article 12 (Payment of Fees)
- The accommodation charge to be paid by the guest shall be in accordance with the items listed in Appendix 1.
- Payment of the accommodation charge, etc. in the preceding paragraph shall be made at the front desk when requested by this hotel at the time of the guest’s departure, by means of currency, travel tickets, credit cards, etc. approved by this hotel, which can be substituted for currency.
- After this hotel provides the guest room to the guest and it becomes available for use, even if the guest does not stay at the hotel voluntarily, the hotel will charge the room rate.
Article 13 (Responsibility of the Hotel)
- This hotel will compensate for any damage caused to the guest due to the performance or non-performance of the accommodation contract and related agreements. However, this shall not apply if the damage is not caused by reasons attributable to this hotel.
- The hotel has fire insurance and liability insurance in case of fire or other emergency. The hotel has fire insurance and liability insurance in case of fire, etc.
Article 14 (Treatment in the event that the contracted room cannot be provided)
- In the event that this hotel is unable to provide the guest with the contracted room, this hotel shall, with the consent of the guest, arrange for other accommodations under the same conditions as possible.
- If, notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, this hotel is unable to find other accommodation, it will pay compensation to the guest in an amount equivalent to the penalty fee, which will be applied to the amount of compensation for damages. However, if there is no reason attributable to this hotel for not being able to provide the guest room, the hotel will not pay the compensation fee.
Article 15 (Handling of Deposited Property)
- In the event of loss or damage to articles, cash, money or valuables left at the front desk by a guest, this hotel shall compensate for such damage, except in cases of force majeure. However, in the event that this hotel requests a declaration of the type and value of the money and valuables, and the guest fails to do so, this hotel shall compensate for the damage up to 150,000 yen.
- In the event that a guest brings into this hotel any articles, cash or valuables that have not been left at the front desk, and that are lost, damaged or otherwise damaged due to the intentional or negligent fault of this hotel, this hotel shall compensate for such damages. However, if the type and value of the item is not specified by the guest in advance, this hotel will compensate for the damage up to 150,000 yen, except in the case of willful misconduct or gross negligence on the part of this hotel.
Article 16 (Storage of luggage or personal belongings of guests)
- If the luggage of the guest arrives at this hotel prior to the stay, this hotel shall take responsibility for its safekeeping only if it has been accepted by this hotel prior to the arrival of the guest, and shall give it to the guest when he/she checks in at the front desk.
- If, after the guest has checked out, the luggage or personal belongings of the guest have been left at this hotel, and the owner of the luggage or personal belongings is found, this hotel will contact the owner and request the owner to make a display. However, if there is no owner’s display, or if the owner cannot be found, the property will be kept for 7 days including the day of discovery, and disposed of after 90 days have passed.3.In the case of the preceding two paragraphs, the responsibility of this hotel for the storage of the luggage or personal belongings of the guest shall conform to the provisions of paragraph 1 of the preceding article in the case of paragraph 1,and to the provisions of paragraph 2 of the same article in the case of the preceding paragraph.
Article 17 (Responsibility for Parking Cars)
- When a guest uses the parking lot of this hotel, regardless of whether or not the key is left in the car, this hotel only rents the parking space and is not responsible for the management of the car. However, if damage is caused by the intentional or negligent act of our hotel in managing the parking lot, we will be held responsible for compensation.
Article 18 (Guest’s Responsibility)
- In the event that this hotel has suffered damages due to the intentional or negligent act of the guest, the guest shall compensate this hotel for such damages.
Article 19 (Force majeure)
- The party concerned shall not be liable for delay or inability to perform all or part of this Agreement due to acts of God, riot, terrorism, fire, accidents involving transportation or communication lines, epidemics, infectious diseases, or other force majeure not attributable to the party concerned.
Article 20 (Controlling National Language)
- These General Terms and Conditions are written in both Japanese and English. However, in the event of any inconsistency or discrepancy between the two texts, the Japanese text shall prevail.